Thursday, March 31, 2011

I was in a bus crash and all anyone could do was update their Facebook status

Hey-o, To those wondering if i was okay, I'm alright. It was a waste of a Thursday night, and i really should be studying for Chemistry, and all i've got is whip-lash and a healthy respect for boredom. Two and a half hours of being strapped to a gurney doing absolute nothing can do that to you. For those who don't particularly cared what happened to me, (which I'm sure is most of you though you're all polite to admit it) I'll move on to my article. A generic Thursday afternoon, i'm on the way home with J and D on the bus. We get all the way to about a kay before the motorway (where there was a serious accident on the entry and had to shut down both lanes...ugh, talk about traffic) we had to take a detour. The detour was slow and much more longer that the trafficated (is that even a word? No, but whatever, I'll get away with it this time) but at least we were moving. I was talking to my friends when all of a sudden, there was a big bang(!) and everyone was thrown foward violently. Okay, let me tell you where i was sitting. I was in the very back row, and in the middle seat so when the bus braked suddenly, i was thrown out of my seat and landed on my knees then hands. Ouch. And embarrasing, thought not really. Everyone was just shooken up. After establishing we were all fine, we turned around in our seats to face the crash. You see, the bus had run into a commodore-sedan vehicle and you could see the fendor lying on the road, glass shattered everywhere and what looked like a door had been torn off. (Later, i would have found out that while the car was totally trashed, the driver walked away, with super-ficial scrapes.) So then began a flurry of Oh my god, i survived a bus accident, lets brag about it to everyone on FaceBook. Oh, you've got a camera? Let's take some photos. I think I should call my mum: Hi mum, i'm in a bus accident and going to be home late. Bye! Well, there was a responsible adult on the bus, telling everyone not to panic, we were going to be okay (yeah, duh, but let's pretend it's a close life and death incident to everyone else) and some people just sat passively listening to their iPhones (did they knew they were just in an accident? Yeah, but i don't think they cared) or whatever played music through earphones. Which brings back the question: I just survived a bus crash and the first thing i'm gonna do is update my facebook status. WTF? Comments anyone? *(On another note, we all got out of the bus just in case it's gonna blow up and i got taken to hospital when about fifteen -twenty minutes later when there was an ache in my neck and had to wear a neck brace and be wheeled away...I'll get anyone who took a photo of me! Went throug a really boring x-ray and trip because all i could do was stare at the ceiling and it gets pretty boring very quickly. Emergency kids ward was pretty full...Kids these days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment